Common Breaker Box Repairs
Common Breaker Box Repairs
October 21, 2019 webberadmin
Below we have compiled a list of the most common breaker box repairs.
- Repairs for your electrical panel or breaker box can range from a simple replacement of a faulty fuse on a breaker to a replacement of the panel to an overall comprehensive overhaul of the entire home’s circuit breaker system. Here are some of the things that you should be keeping in mind before you think of getting an electrical panel installation in Burbank or a city near you:
- A circuit that is overloaded will cause repeated tripped circuit breakers, simply because the system cannot sufficiently hold up under the extreme power demands of your home’s HVAC system, lighting, appliances and other electrical equipment. If a higher level of current flows through the breakers than was originally intended for, it is quite obvious that the circuit will intentionally “break” to prevent any more problems. A professional can help you to resolve this problem by increasing the capacity of the entire system. For example, with the help of an amp breaker that is rated for higher power can ensure that there is an absolute uninterrupted flow of electricity via the circuit. Alternatively, you also have the choice to reduce the electricity supply and demand for your home — a service that is free.
- When electrical wires that should never have met, cross each other at some point a short circuit is bound to happen— either in your home’s wiring or in the appliance or where the equipment connected to the outlet. A professional will help you to assess the situation or the problem to determine the exact source of the problem. Always choose professionals who are offering the Best Electrical panel Repair in Burbankor a city near you.
- Faults relating to effective and proper grounding are also similar to that of short-circuiting, but this happens when the ground wire and hot wire meet unexpectedly, or the hot wire touches the metal outlet box’s side. The first step towards the solution is figuring out the cause of the problem in the first place; replacing or adjusting wires is the next step towards finding the solution.
- Loose connections might not be as common a cause as some problems that are listed here. However, when wires do come loose, i.e. the screws on the breakers aren’t screwed in properly, there is a high possibility that the circuit breaker will overload and trip. Usually, electrical panel repair professionals can help you in resolving the problem.
When should I call an electrician to repair a breaker box?
Aside from the above-mentioned points, if you find the following signs then it is absolutely necessary to get professional help:
- Breakers that are hot or warm when touched.
- A burning smell from the panel.
- Frayed wires and burnt metal.
- Strange noises emitting from the breaker.
© 2019 Hybrid Electric Solutions. All Rights Reserved.
Design & Developed by Digital Webber